Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 May 2016

Dale Lance Lakay... (1)


Dale Lance Lakay - (13/01/2009)...

"IT MADE ME VERY HAPPY"





Five words that brought so much joy in my heart ♥... Why? You may ask...

Those were the words uttered by my 7-year old son, Dale, on Monday, 16 May 2016 after his very first ever RUGBY practice at school. Words that brought tears to my eyes - and made me miss my dear dad even more as he would've been so happy to hear Dale say it and so proud.

He came home and the excitement could not be contained! He wanted to share the experience with all of us immediately. The fact that he went to rugby practice to keep him out of trouble (my decision supported by his principle, Mrs Du Toit @Labiance Primary School), was obviously "forgotten" for that moment! ☺

After he told his story, he walked away from me with that simple and very demure statement "it made me very happy" and I couldn't be happier! 

One day I hope to look back on this day and be thankful for the insight to let him start on this journey. No matter how far he takes it... for now I could assist him in finding something he could be truly passionate about... and I'm so grateful!

Luvies #shallasown_readers

Till next time
#Shallasown


No comments:

Post a Comment