Search This Blog

Wednesday 17 February 2016

Supporting your child...

I again realized the importance of supporting your child in their dreams and interests they show; and to give recognition to their talents.

My eldest son, Xavier has a natural talent for athletics. He made it clear several times that it is important to him to have me there - encouraging him and just be there in the crowd somewhere. So although I am a working mother, I do my best to attend all or most of his athletic events and he really has appreciation for my presence.

And of course as a parent, when your child excels in life, it is like you're solely responsible for those achievements the way you boast and beam with pride. ☺
That is how I experience it anyway....

This year with the school athletics, he again went just further than the interschool level and was highly disappointed when he didn't make it past that level/stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment