Search This Blog

Tuesday 1 September 2015

Kids today...

Just wanted to share this….

So this morning hubby came to me with a piece of paper… turns out to be a “love letter” my 10-year old son, Xavier got from a girl at school… also 10!

Wanted him to meet her (the previous day)…..

 

 

 

in

 

 

 

 

 

the

 

 

 

 

 

bathroom!!!!!!

 

He politely declined the offer… all written in the note…

And she wrote that she’s “seriosis” – or something that looked like that but means SERIOUS!!

He comes in while I’m reading this note and he looks at me with those big eyes! I look at him and tell him “Tell this girl she must first learn to spell before she starts writing love letters! Where did she want to meet?? In the ladies toilet??”

He says: “Yes but I said No! You can see! She actually begged me, Mommy” So I asked him if he then went!

But he could see at that stage I wanted to laugh and he smiled… Then hubby and I both said "You just don't make fun of her!!"  (about the spelling) Eugene added that it would be very rude to do so.... luckily he knows how we feel about bothering with girls at this stage and that schoolwork takes priority…

With the first letter he got, we got him to understand that schoolwork is important and that we (parents) would like to be informed about these “love letters” – up to now he’s shared - and he’s been given a few already… not even 11 yet and girls are really throwing themselves at him…

Not bragging about it (although I think my kids are gorgeous! J) but really wish kids can just stay kids for longer man!

Maybe I was just stupid at the age of 10 but all we wanted to do was PLAY!!! Chasing each other on the playground… play “Skiptou”, 3-stokkies, “aan-aan”, hide and seek… fell myself dizzy many times!

Think as soon as we have warmer weather I should gather some of the “older” people in the street again and show the kids what it is to really just PLAY and how much fun it could be.

Need to get my sneakers out and be prepared to have muscle ache for a while… but play we will!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment