Search This Blog

Monday 17 August 2015

We all know the following quote by William W. Purkey

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”
One day I quickly went to a fruit stall opposite the Fountains in Adderley Street, Cape Town, during my lunch break... and the guy shows me a lady bathing/washing butt naked in the fountains... J



Not a care in the world about the other people and vehicles around her seeing her bum and ….. you know what!!!
At least she had on a nice warm jacket as it was quite nippy that day... J

What I learned from that experience was that we are worried about what other people think and say about us, way too much.

I’m not saying go out and walk around naked… but why should what others think of us dictate the way we live? There are obvious things that are a taboo in life that we cannot do because it is against the law and against nature…. But stop for a moment and ask yourself: What is important in my life?

Each one will have a different answer to the question as we all have a different outlook on life, different values and different circumstances.
Be comfortable in your own skin and at peace with the way you are created. I have been battling with an extremely low self-esteem for year (another day’s topic!) but realized that no matter what you do in life; I will never be good enough or beautiful enough for EVERYONE… But my flaws are what made me the person I am today…

Now that I have accepted myself and the way I look, I have many other things that are important – my health, my kids, my spouse – family in general – my work and all the wonderful things I am passionate about in life.

Until next time Shallasown-readers!

 Shalla

2 comments:

  1. I needed to read this today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all need reminders (daily) of what is important in life... mwah!
      Luvies Jessie

      Delete