Search This Blog

Monday 14 May 2012

The joys of pregnancy and motherhood

Being a mother to 2 boys already, 34 weeks pregnant........ and trying to study....?? Not easy but I suppose I'm not the 1st woman to do this, hey!

I did, however, struggle to cope with it all and some days; especially those when I just want to let my heavy round body fall on the bed and forget about the world outside; it really got to me. My partner also finally came to understand that although his work is tiring, I am "permanently" tired and need of TLC.

My 7-year old can be so cute.... at times that is. He just can't wait for his sister to arrive and even chose the name he would love her to have.

My 3-year old made me laugh over the weekend.... looking at the vericose veins on my leg he asked: "Who wrote here, mommy?" Well I suppose with him writing on everything any time of the  day, he will be the one asking that! He's been my baby all this time (ok maybe 3 years is not that long but still) I am already worried how he will react with the little one around. I did, however, notice that he's been clinging to his dad more the closer I get to giving birth. :-( I still want him to love me more though... is that being very selfish?

Studies.......... when I eventually get the energy to take up the books I'll talk about that again....

So you ladies that had to cope with a similar situation; how did you manage? How do you give equal attention to all your kids without making one of them feel left out? How easy or difficult is it to bring another child into the circle and still keep family happy? Then coping with all the other chores of a normal household...?? And then being employed full time as well... maternity leave is only that long hey!

My mom managed to raise 4 of her own kids and a lot of others she had to take care of... not always employed but we knew that she's the one we will listen to! Looking at my siblings now and especially the 2 in the middle.......... she (in my humble opinion) always treated us all the same! I did not get to skip a scolding / hiding just because I was the eldest one... I think I got the most of it BECAUSE of that fact. But they somehow belief that the youngest one and I were more privileged when in fact I was so scared of my mom that I chose to rather listen to her than get into trouble....

SO... now I have to make sure that my current baby does not one day have that "middle child syndrome"......

Till next time!
Luvies
Shalla

No comments:

Post a Comment