Search This Blog

Monday 14 May 2012

Relationship issues

I often wonder about things that happen with a person daily; relationships with parents, kids, colleagues; friends; partners (probably one of the more important ones)…. I wonder about the choices one is faced with every day and the choices we do make… how that impacts on life and how some of it could have been so different.
On the topic of relationships – partners:
I realised that it is one relationship that turns us into such good actors……. Especially when the relationship is bad! And you’re trying to hide it from the world as no-one should know (at first) what a bad choice was made with a partner or that you’re just as human as the next person with many flaws! So one start pretending that it is all good… If someone else’s bad relationship is discussed, you’re the one with all the wisdom and the bravest and “you will never allow anyone to treat you like that!” Why do we have to pretend? Why not end the relationship the moment you realise it is bad news?
I had one such relationship and in retrospect can see it should not have lasted even 1 day…. Yet I kept trying to make it work until there was no way things could be saved… and still I felt heartbroken in the end. I haven’t been in a psychically abusive relationship but abuse has many faces!
I suppose we need to go through all the hardship, trials and tribulations to make us stronger and to make us appreciate the good times more. But we could avoid certain situations by acting sooner….
Till next time…….
Shalla

No comments:

Post a Comment