Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 December 2015

Train stories....

I suppose there are many versions of this story that did the rounds today but this is mine…


Travelling by train in Cape Town can be a nightmare at times… but I also many times see so many funny things happening, that I forget about the bad times – always better to laugh right!!


This morning, however, was chaos! Got into a train where people were praising and worshiping and it was all lively… that is the middle part of the carriage where my cousin and I stood; a bit close to the door which was on my left. After travelling for about 20 minutes however, total chaos erupted on the other side (to my left) and the first thing on my mind was that people are probably fighting and that concerned me greatly as the doors were open and I would have hated to see or know someone fell out of a moving train and possibly land under the wheels!! So I already panicked… Then one lady came running from the other side but when I asked her what was going on, she didn't even know but she was even more frantic, panicking and scared!

My cousin was sitting and I stood in front of her when I noticed that a guy was kind of “hanging” in the air as his booted feet were dangling and I knew he was obviously holding on to the handrails above and shortly thereafter people started getting onto the seats/benches! And the next thought… “SNAKE!!” and that got me onto that bench very quickly… heart racing but also realizing this could just be a scare tactic by some idiot… so I said it out loud to no one in particular that I’ve heard robbers do that because when people are scared, they don’t worry about their bags as much or are not as careful as they would have been… so holding my bag tighter as well!

The praise and worship team tried with not much success to continue their preaching and singing but people were no longer paying attention as they tried to get out of the way of the “snake”! Others were more interested in the reaction of those who were so scared and took their smartphones to record all of us stupid enough to believe there could be a snake…

Although I normally try to see the funny side of things, it took me a while to manage a smile!

What actually happened I will probably never know for sure… the preachers went on about it being the devil operating to prevent the gospel being preached. Others were of the opinion that it was a (TIK) Meth-addict who hallucinated and just seeing things…

An elderly lady had this to say though…

A young lady was apparently standing with her back against the wall and felt something walking over her shoulder, then across her chest and hit it away after getting a fright. They thought it must have been a gecko and that was mistaken for being the “snake”!

 
Well, whatever the truth, I can definitely not complain about being bored on the trains all the time!
However, be careful when travelling by train (or any other transportation) this Festive Season... Some shady characters working extra hard and doing their Christmas shopping out of your bag...!!!

Luvies
Shallasown Readers!

Twitter @Sharlenesjl


Pictures found on Google:
https://www.westerncape.gov.za/service/passenger-rail-services-cape-town
http://www.capemetrorail.co.za/Communication/External_Communication/20120823_Metrorail_launches_Railway_Safety_Campaigna.html
http://www.iol.co.za/news/metrorail-strike-causes-chaos-in-cape-town-1.676445
http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/western-cape/metrorail-services-to-resume-thursday-1.899992



No comments:

Post a Comment