Search This Blog

Thursday 14 February 2013

Kids and Valentine's Day

I phone home this afternoon to remind the family about something and my eldest son answers the phone. When he hears it is me on the other end he goes ever so excitedly: "Happy Mother's Day!!"


I love my family and don't really need days like these to remind me how precious they are....

That said.... HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to all even those who do not add any value to this day. And those looking for love.... in good time it will come your way.

I don't let my kids feel that they SHOULD give me something on the so-called special days as I need them to understand that everyday is a gift and special in its own way. Live today and live each day to the fullest. As long as they appreciate what we as parents do for them (and that is hard these days), and have the necessary respect for elders and all other human beings and all the other good values - I believe they'll grow up to be well-balanced individuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment